Sunday, November 8, 2015

1/100 HG Custom Heavyarms Custom

About a year ago I handpainted a 1/100 HG Heavyarms Custom.  It was no easy feat as this is an old kit that doesn't have much seperation between parts.  The white and yellow parts are unpainted as I wanted to keep those colors.

I have been wanting to do weathering to him and give him a bit more personality.  Finally decided one day I was going to start.  As I was adding some black to the legs to make silver metallic show better I decided I was really diggin' the black outline.  Almost as if it was cel shaded or sketched.

Decided to do it to the entire kit.  It made me reaaaaaaally nervous because I spent so much time handpainting the custom paint scheme.  Well I think it paid off brilliantly and I think I will likely do this style in the future on some other kits.  I think it looks amazing on the white.  Gives the edges a great contrast you wouldn't usually get.  I am thinking this would look amazing on 1/100 Barbatos!

1/100 HG Custom Heavyarms
1/100 HG Custom Heavyarms
Show them Guns
Back View
Heavyarms with Custom Base

Missiles Ready




The legs are definitely my favorite part.  I want to try this style again but with a suit that is mostly white.  Hope everyone enjoyed!  Album has more pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment